Monday, August 29, 2011

Enter the Bread Lab

Alveoli is of course just fancy talk for the "little cavaties" in (amongst others) bread. I love the sound of the word and it has always stuck with me.

After spending a lot of time in different places doing what I am doing, I thought it time to centralize my efforts. Enter the Bread Lab!
I am a passionate home baker, who loves anything dough. Breads have my main interest, especially the ones with big alveoli, but I am known to stray to pastry on occasion. Pictures speak louder than words, so if you want to have a look at my baking gallery, be my guest.

I am always on the look out for formulas and breads that are new and exciting. If you are a professional or a baking enthusiast looking for an experienced test baker, let me know, we might be able to help each other out in developing new and exciting bread.

In the coming time I hope to share many of the formulas and recipes that I have accumulated over the past years, and find a lot of inspiring bread bloggers on the way.

For now, a picture of my focaccia rising will have to do, together with the promise that I will post later on how this super wet dough ended up performing.








Greetz from Amsterdam,

Freerk








4 comments:

  1. Great blog. Love your instructional videos. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hanaâ! In the coming weeks there will be a lot of updates. Congrats on your Bundt cake!

    Freerk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! I am working my way through Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day on my blog at http://acookingmizer.wordpress.com - I post about once a week and I am having a great time doing it, if you would like to join me, please visit my blog and leave your link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback! Love your blog!You seem to be in a Bundtphase, whereas I am in my Croissantperiod :-)

    ReplyDelete