Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ensaimadas (with time lapse)

With no possible way of leaving the house because of continuous rain and thunder... what better to do than to see your bread rise in the oven!
In this episode I revisit the ensaimada, that I got to know this spring when visiting Ibiza for a week (where it was, without a doubt completely by coincidence, also pouring with rain for the biggest part of my stay). It's a nice challenge for all of you out there who like to have a go at laminated dough, Mallorca-style! Interesting technique, and ingredients as well!
Have a look and let me know what you think!
I'm trying to teach myself and find a format to make these short 7 minute instructional videos work, for me as well as for the viewer. My aim is to, within reasonable time, be able to make at least 2 or 3 of these a week (weather and working schedule permitting of course). I love to get feedback on what you guys notice, miss, feel, what your associations are, whether it is clear enough, all those things :-)
I hope you enjoy watching BREADLAB - ENSAIMADAS as much as I loved making it,







6 comments:

  1. Ik mis de knop "vind ik leuk" hier :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hier dan! ik verheug me op morgen. het zou kunnen zijn dat ik met zijn 2en kom, maar dat laat ik je nog weten, ok? leuk leuk leuk!

    Freerk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello freerk,

    I'm so busy working this summer to get work done as much as possible for the Fall school year. Luckily I found your blog through TFL. Wow, your ensaimadas was very tasty looking. I may want to try them soon when the weather get colder. I'm so excited your ensaimadas turned out great. I cannot wait to try your recipe soon.

    Thank you for the great video,
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kimmy! It wouldn't have happened without you! Did you see your credit ;-) ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello freerk,

    I did see the credit (thank you so so much and you make my day- it will never happened if I'm in China - have been too much hassle for this particular summer). I was more happy for you were that your ensaimadas turned out great (look exactly like the ones you can get from Ibiza but you don't need to fly in particular place anymore).

    Please please do keep up with the blog since you do very well done job on the video section (very clear instructions). I hope you have a great weekend.

    Thank you,
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come back soon! And if you have any questions let me know

    Have a great weekend as well!

    Freerk

    ReplyDelete